1/16 Slash And E-Revo Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you need to know about the 1/16 slash and revos

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speed Contol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thagy
Newbe!

Speed Contol Empty
PostSubject: Speed Contol   Speed Contol EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:11 am

I am new to the RC world. I just bought an erevo 1/16 brushless truck a few weeks ago. I was told that I can run the lipo batteries with the current set up out of the box. I have burned out two speed controls since I have had the car. It there an upgraded speed control that I should purchase to get rid of the problem? We are not running back to back batteries. We let the car cool down before running it agian. If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
American REVO-Lution
Newbe!

Speed Contol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Contol   Speed Contol EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am

The first thing that needs to be asked is which version of the MERV are you running. If it is the brushed version of course you will want to move up to brushless as no matter what type of rc you are driving when you start using lipo with brush setup you are eventually going to lose. Also let us know which batteries you are running and if you are running in series. If you just want another esc to run higher lipos then move onto the mamba max pro or even the Hobbywing/EZRUN 1/10th scale esc but be aware that you will have to do some modding to your truck to use larger esc.
Back to top Go down

Speed Contol
Page 1 of 1